What you'll do at Position Summary... What you'll do...
- Performs routine preventive maintenance to ensure safety, proper functionality, and aesthetics of facilities, equipment, or fixtures under the supervision of a more senior technician by following established preventive maintenance schedules and guidelines; inspecting, cleaning, and repairing facilities, equipment, or fixtures; observing and documenting signs of wear and tear; and documenting preventive maintenance activities.
- Performs minor repairs on facilities, equipment, or fixtures under the supervision of a more senior technician by utilizing multiple craft skills (for example, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, material handling equipment, food equipment); inspecting, operating, or testing facilities, equipment, or fixtures to diagnose issues; dismantling equipment, machines, or facilities to access and remove defective parts; diagnose problems utilizing blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary; utilizing hand tools, power tools, hoists, and other equipment; providing prompt response to emergency calls; and documenting repair activities.
- Manages work orders and routine maintenance schedules by completing and providing required written and electronic information (for example, expense vouchers, weekly summaries, work orders, maintenance logs); requesting parts for maintenance or repair work; recording parts usage; conducting price comparison of parts and travel related costs; submitting warranty claims; complying with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations and guidelines; ensuring quality work is completed that complies with federal, state, and local regulations and codes; unloading and storing equipment; and transporting equipment between facilities. Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities. Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Vocational or Technical certification and 1 years' experience in one of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade or 2 years' experience in one of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade. Valid Driver's License. Eligible for a Commercial Driver's License (CDL). Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity - unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. All the benefits you need for you and your family
Frequently asked questions
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
- Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
- How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
- What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+