What you'll do at Position Summary... What you'll do...
- Designs and develops tools training programs by creating and or overseeing the development of content, procedures, and tools in a variety of media based on learning needs, target population capabilities, and job requirements; sequencing learning objectives, course components, time allotments, and experiential activities; recommending and implementing e-learning solutions; collaborating with user groups; recommending the utilization of and selecting various media (for example, video, presentation, DVD) in the development of training courses and materials; identifying new technologies to support training needs; reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating current business systems, databases, and user needs; designing training aids; analyzing existing software implementations; and establishing and driving adoption of tools across organization by partnering with and influencing senior leadership .
- Reviews, evaluates, and revises training programs by analyzing, recommending, and implementing process improvements; partnering with departments (for example, Human Resources, Legal) to ensure compliance; working with users of data and other groups to resolve data conflicts and inappropriate data usage; and recommending systems modifications to reduce user problems.
- Oversees contractors, consultants, or associates assisting in training programs by setting the context for manager training; correcting technology operations problems; performing implementation corrections and ensuring quality design; performing inspections on incoming and outgoing course materials; ensuring adequate product testing prior to implementation; editing and formatting documents; updating existing courses; ensuring training content is current, meaningful, and transferable; acting as a liaison between information systems capabilities and training needs; simulating or recreating user problems to resolve operating difficulties; evaluating instructional materials and multimedia support; and conducting training pilots.
- Researches, recommends, and implements technology-enabled learning solutions by identifying, diagnosing, and responding to training needs, issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing the features of various technology products and evaluating them against organizational needs; staying up to date on technological developments and applications; identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems; staying up to date on the availability of automated systems; and identifying training tools to help trainees adapt to changes in technology in the workplace.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices. demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for? All the benefits you need for you and your family
Frequently asked questions
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
- Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
- How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
- What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+